Chang’an University Innovation Scholarship for Undergraduate Degree in China (Fully Funded)
I. Applicant Eligibility
- 18-25 years old, in good health;
- Abide by Chinese laws and regulations, respect Chinese customs and habits. Observe Chang’an University discipline and school regulations;
- Holding a valid foreign ordinary passport;
- Holding a high school diploma.
- To have at least 5.5 in IELTS or 68 in TOFEL.
II. Scholarship Content
Waive tuition fee for all academic years, and provide disposable living allowance, total 15000￥. Accommodation is on self-sponsored.
III. Application Duration
Application opens: 15, May
Application deadline: 30, June
- Applied Geology (School of Science & Resources)
- Materials Sciences and Technology (School of Materials Science & Technology)
- Education level: bachelor
- Program Duration: 4 years
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Quota: each major 20 seats
V. Application Materials
- Copy of valid ordinary passportIf the applicant is in China, a copy of a valid residence permit is also required.
- Enrollment Application Form for Chang’an University International Students. Please fill in the form in our online system.
- Original and notarized copy of the high school diploma. The notarization in Chinese or English should be attached if your files are in other languages. Graduating students are supposed to provide a pre-graduation certificate.
- Original copy of transcripts of all courses in high school. The notarization in Chinese or English should be attached if your files are in other languages.
- The proof of English proficiency. It includes IELTS, TOFEL, TOEIC and other recognized test. And it can be waived if the lingua franca in your country is English.
- Physical Examination Record for Foreigners Applicants should strictly follow the items required in the Physical Examination Records for Foreigners and fill them out in Chinese or English. The “Physical Examination Record for Foreigners” that is missing pages, not affixed with a photo or without a seam seal on it, or without a signature or seal from hospital or physician is invalid. Whereas the inspection results are valid in six months, applicants are requested to determine the time of their medical examination accordingly.
- The original copy of the non-criminal record and the Chinese translation. When submitting the application, the validity period of the non-criminal record certificate must be valid in three months or more; if the applicant is already in China, who must provide certificate of school performance.
The hard copies are not mandatory. And the unclear files and applications lacking of files will not be accepted.
VI. Application Procedures
- Please visit CAU application system (www.admission.chd.edu.cn) to fill in the application form and upload the scan copies of all files, and wait for the preliminary review.
- After the preliminary review, please pay the 400￥application fee online. (non-refundable)
- Application is done. Please keep an eye on your mailbox.
VII. Admission & Enroll
- The school examines the comprehensive qualities of students by reviewing application materials, interviews, etc., and selects the best candidates for admission.
- Once admitted, students are not allowed to change their major of study, semester deadline, or medium of instruction.
- The school issues Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Foreign Students to China (JW202) to the students admitted for the purpose of applying for a study visa in China. Those with non-study visas will not be allowed to register.
- You must bring the original copy of your highest academic degree certificate and the original Physical Examination Record for Foreigners when you enroll, otherwise the qualifications for admission and scholarship will be canceled.
Note: Applicants need to fill in their contact email address, telephone number and correspondence address accurately. During the admission period, the applicant must reply to our school’s mail on time; applicants who fail to respond to the mail on time or fail to submit supplementary materials within the required time are deemed to have given up.
VIII. Scholarship Evaluation and Grant
- The scholarship students who have studied in China for more than one year should go through Annual Review. Annual Review refers to the comprehensive assessment system which the international students studying in China under Chang’an University Scholarship Programs (hereinafter referred to as the scholarship students) shall go through annually. It will decide whether they are qualified to continue enjoying or to renew the scholarship.
- International Education School of CAU takes charge of the organization and implementation of Annual Review. The other departments are responsible for the coordination of annual review. International Education School of CAU establish the committee of annual review, including the dean, deputy dean of International Education School of CAU, deputy dean of other college, counselor and the staff of International Education School of CAU in charge of scholarship students. The dean of International Education School of CAU is the chairman of the committee.
- Eligibility for the scholarship shall be suspended for one year in the following cases.(a) A person who has been absent from school for more than one quarter of the total number of hours in the current semester.(b). Undergraduate students who have earned less than one third of the credits required for a semester.(c). Postgraduate students who have failed two degree courses in one semester.(d) Any person who does not participate in the annual review without reason.(e).Those who have been placed on probation or more for violating school discipline, or those who have been sentenced to administrative detention or more for violating Chinese law.
- A student shall be disqualified from receiving a scholarship if he or she is in the following situation.(a) If he or she has been ordered to leave or expelled from school.(b) Those who have failed the annual review twice during their studies at the school.(c) If they do not participate in the annual review without justification.
If a student is disqualified from receiving a scholarship, his or her scholarship shall be suspended from the date of publication and his or her eligibility for the scholarship shall not be restored.
- The Chang’an University Scholarship is organized by International Education School and awarded on a monthly basis.